If I was a new dealer opening up a new car dealership today, I would...............

Views: 203

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow Nancy, a question to get one thinking... Strong!~ 

I would be sure to know my direct competitors, study the market to know how to market and advertise, recruit and train the absolute best talent available and sell like a maniac... 

Thanks Bobby...a simple question, but loaded for sure!!!!  We can all sit back and compliment and criticize, but if given the opportunity, what would we REALLY do?

Bobby Compton said:

Wow Nancy, a question to get one thinking... Strong!~ 

I would be sure to know my direct competitors, study the market to know how to market and advertise, recruit and train the absolute best talent available and sell like a maniac... 

Oooh...honest, but not the answer I was looking for...LOL...I guess nerves precede every successful performance!!!

John Skelton said:
...be nervous
Make sure all of my people had Facebook accounts, and I was the Admin.  Market only through the internet, social media and e-mail, outside of normal prospecting efforts, and make sure I had enough inventory for the sales explosion.
Great answer Craig Darling!!! Most still not have embraced the power of the internet...think of it as the necessary evil!

Craig Darling said:
Make sure all of my people had Facebook accounts, and I was the Admin.  Market only through the internet, social media and e-mail, outside of normal prospecting efforts, and make sure I had enough inventory for the sales explosion.

Get my staff on board with all media outlet opportunities, get involved with my surrounding competitors to see what they are doing (mystery shop the lot) have a stellar website ready to kick off and flood the airways. 

 

GRAND OPENING OF THE SCHRADER AUTO MALL! Why...? Because you are number 1 in our eyes! 

 

I would also have the costume of a Pink Piggy running around the lot. Not just a plain pink piggy but one that can break dance, do the jig, cartwheels, maybe some acrobatic elements and much more!! 

 

Did I cover it all? 

Love it...I was a dancing, acrobatic clown at my dealership once during a Presidents weekend event...It was a lot of fun...the kids loved it!!!!

Jennifer Schrader said:

Get my staff on board with all media outlet opportunities, get involved with my surrounding competitors to see what they are doing (mystery shop the lot) have a stellar website ready to kick off and flood the airways. 

 

GRAND OPENING OF THE SCHRADER AUTO MALL! Why...? Because you are number 1 in our eyes! 

 

I would also have the costume of a Pink Piggy running around the lot. Not just a plain pink piggy but one that can break dance, do the jig, cartwheels, maybe some acrobatic elements and much more!! 

 

Did I cover it all? 

Justin Timberlake in the pig costume singing: Bring it on down to Schrader town.

Jennifer Schrader said:

Get my staff on board with all media outlet opportunities, get involved with my surrounding competitors to see what they are doing (mystery shop the lot) have a stellar website ready to kick off and flood the airways. 

 

GRAND OPENING OF THE SCHRADER AUTO MALL! Why...? Because you are number 1 in our eyes! 

 

I would also have the costume of a Pink Piggy running around the lot. Not just a plain pink piggy but one that can break dance, do the jig, cartwheels, maybe some acrobatic elements and much more!! 

 

Did I cover it all? 

Have you run it and work out from there!
Moi?  Oh wrong thread!  Thanks Craig!  I would surround myself with top quality people!  How do I obtain them?  Treat them with dignity and respect and pay according to performance, (after giving them all the tools they require to do the job effectively).

Craig Lockerd said:
Have you run it and work out from there!

Nancy,

 

Tough question.  First, hire top people to head each department.  Bring in trainable sales people and teach them two very important facets of the new dealership.  First, social media is critical as an element of success.  Second, train the sales people to be experts in bringing in their own business.  Realtors, stock brokers, insurance people all have one thing in common.  Their success will never walk through the door.  They go out and get the business.  This is actually more important that product knowledge.  We can always get info on what we sell.  However, without anyone to share it with, we're closed.

You are right...You are the quality of the people with whom you surround yourself.... Give them the tools to succeed and pay on performance...

John Fuhrman said:

Nancy,

 

Tough question.  First, hire top people to head each department.  Bring in trainable sales people and teach them two very important facets of the new dealership.  First, social media is critical as an element of success.  Second, train the sales people to be experts in bringing in their own business.  Realtors, stock brokers, insurance people all have one thing in common.  Their success will never walk through the door.  They go out and get the business.  This is actually more important that product knowledge.  We can always get info on what we sell.  However, without anyone to share it with, we're closed.

RSS

About

DealerELITE created this Ning Network.

Blog Posts

Luxury Cars and SUVs Experience Higher Depreciation Rate

Posted by Black Book on October 17, 2017 at 11:34am 0 Comments

Welcome to this week's edition of Black Book Market Insights, with in-depth analysis of used car and truck valuation trends and insights straight…

Continue

3C's - The Correction (Remedy)

Posted by AWN INC on October 17, 2017 at 11:14am 0 Comments

The information that the technician provides the manufacturer is one of the most vital sources of…

Continue

de sponsor

Get Newsletter

dE Sponsor

© 2017   Created by DealerELITE.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service