We all know many dealers still make money the old fashioned way, in spite of themselves. If we want to attract top notch professionals to our industry we need to be able to quickly identify attributes of the poorly managed and not employee focused stores.   Lets put together our Top Ten (or 20) Ways to know you work for a bad dealership. 

Keep responses down to two brief sentences. 

Mark

Views: 3495

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When the Bank picks up all your new car inventory and the employees check bounce. That's when you have completed the circle of a bad dealer.
When the managers and owners hide from the media.
When you look at website under Dealership Staff and it is empty
When you ask your Sales Manager how much your commission would be if you sell the Shelby Mustang in the showroom and he says, "I don't need practice to complete a commission sheet, sell it and we'll worry about your cut later."
When the dealership sends out a "scratch off mailer" to win $25,000, but you have to come to the showroom to check your numbers. And, those folks coming in to check the numbers count as your "Up."
When a customer you sold a car to calls to ask why haven't you paid off there trade after 90 days.
its bad when it's the last day of november and now last month of 2010 and management tells u to cut all the salesman down to part time for the holiday season. Even if its a little slow people are still trying to provide for there familys.
How about when they charge each sales person...(including ASM's) $ 40.00 per month for bottled water for the customers, but you will get fired if you get caught drinking a bottle yourself.

Oh and coffee? $ 5.00 per week per person for coffee for the showroom....$10.00 per week if you want to drink any yourself.
...you overhear the F&I Director telling his team to "sell like h*ll, we need to outrun our chargebacks!"
...you hear the GM yell "just roll it!...roll everybody today!" on the showroom floor at 3pm on a Saturday.
...you hear the Desk ask "where's the whiteout?"...or "483?, I'll get it bought, it's a deal!"
...you hear the Desk tell a Sales Person "go tell your customer he needs to stay at his job until we are funded!"
...you hear a Sales Person tell the Desk "Chapter 7, Chapter 13, no problems, my customer has both!"

Has to be the best reason of all. Get out now.
Suzanne Lucas said:
How about when they charge each sales person...(including ASM's) $ 40.00 per month for bottled water for the customers, but you will get fired if you get caught drinking a bottle yourself.

Oh and coffee? $ 5.00 per week per person for coffee for the showroom....$10.00 per week if you want to drink any yourself.
When you see a customer put a ladder up to the building to get his keys off the roof....
When you have to walk through a circle of smokers to get in the building to work...
When you are driving into the lot in the morning and you have to cross a picket line of customers saying "This dealer sold me a lemon"
When the GSM asks you for your email address to put on the delivery reporting form so the CSI survey comes to you.
When you go to the doctor's office and they tell you your health inurance is cancelled.
When you google your dealership's name and it comes in first for the most Attorney General claims and BBB charges against it...
Get out of Dodge if you find;

1.Open Floor with no professionally managed system of Floor Ups and Phone Ups (this generally means a reactive, mismanaged sales force and ultimately the dealership)

2. No Customer Loyalty and retention programs

RSS

© 2024   Created by DealerELITE.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service