"Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful." Mark Victor Hansen
This little 7 letter word is one of the most sought after and desired destinations and yet it continually eludes its suitors time and time again. I however believe that this word is often misunderstood and viewed in a distorted perspective. What does it really mean to be successful? Are we confused with what truly will make us happy? Are millions of people pursuing something, but really have no idea of what it takes to arrive safely and in one piece at destination success? Let's look at 7 steps I use and feel will help us reach a true success.
1. Jesus Christ - I believe foundations are extremely important and I personally owe 100% of my success to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Psalm 34:8 says "Taste and see how good the Lord is! The one who takes refuge in him is truly happy"! I begin each step with God and "Your word is a lamp before my feet and a light for my journey." As Psalm 119:105 says.
2. Solution - With a firm foundation beneath our feet let's look at the journey and all of the unique challenges it poses and realize we must develop solutions to them. We need a means of solving problems or dealing with difficult situations: One of the biggest mistakes we can make on the road to success is to avoid or ignore challenges along the way.
3. Process - defining a solution, though extremely important by itself is impossible to achieve. It requires a process. We must have a series of action steps in our arsenal we can take to achieve an end result of solution.
4. Objectives - We need focal points. Something we can aim at or seek to reach...a goal. I know we have the solution we mentioned before but those are always changing with each new and unique problem we face, however we must have goals. We need short, mid, and long term objectives that will keep us moving along the path towards our destination of "Success".
5. Teamwork - I don't know about where you're headed but my "success" destination is way too BIG for me to reach it alone. I need help. I need around me others that want to get there as well. It's the combined action of a group of people when effective and efficient that can accomplish amazing feats.
6. Vision - You've got to see it first! Habakkuk 2: 2Then the Lord told me: “I will give you my message in the form of a vision. Write it clearly enough to be read at a glance. 3 At the time I have decided, my words will come true. You can trust what I say about the future. It may take a long time, but keep on waiting—it will happen! Simply put…”If you don’t know where your going any old road will do”.
7. Sales - This part get's 80% of our focus and yet we struggle to make it happen. I've learned that if all of the other steps are operating properly then the "sales will follow". We are good at what we do or most likely we wouldn't be doing it. So why stress over what should be a natural process? Think of it this way. You leave home in the morning, open your front door...walk through it...turn and shut it...then lock it behind you. ALL ONE PROCESS! You don't leave it wide open all day until you return that evening...IT IS ALL ONE PROCESS. Same with sales...They will naturally follow.
David Villa, CEO
"To be a success in business, be daring, be first, be different."