THE INTIMIDATION NETWORK ZEROING IN ON CHICK-FIL-A
By James A. Ziegler
Recently I’ve had it up to my eyeballs with the concentrated attack on Chick-Fil-A regarding statements made by CEO, Dan Cathy concerning his views on Gay Marriage.
I have seen blogs and social media attacks on Chick-Fil-A stating they discriminate against gays and mistreat gays, which is TOTALLY untrue. Chick-Fil-A has NO policy concerning their gay employees or gay customers.
And, now we’re seeing a nationwide backlash against the protesters of Chick-Fil-A.
NEWSFLASH! Nationwide backlash against the "Occupy Chick-fil-A" protesters. Chick-Fil-A set their all-time sales record yesterday and anticipating doing it again today as long lines coast-to-coast come out to support the chain.
James A. Ziegler (August 2, 2012): Okay, I am writing this in response to some people who are blowing smoke out of the wrong orifice and saying things that are totally untrue as so many Liberals tend to do when skewing the truth. There is a concentrated deliberate movement to distribute misinformation and hurt this wonderful company.
As a retail industry we should be concerned when any group with any agenda uses intimidation to hurt our business.
1. Chick-Fil-A has NO POLICY concerning gay customers and their gay employees. They haven't done anything to anybody. There was NO action or incident or example of anything that started all of this. Nothing happened except one man stated his personal beliefs.
2. The founder of Chick-Fil-A, Truett Cathy is a 91 year old man who owns the company. He is a devout Christian, as is his entire family. His son, Dan, who now runs the company simply stated his beliefs about gay marriage... which, whether or not we agree, he has every right to do.
3. Chick-Fil-A charity contributions to good causes is legendary... The Cathy family lives their beliefs. They also close their restaurants on Sunday because that is their Christian belief.
4. Honestly, I personally disagree with much of what Mr. Cathy and his family believes BUT I also recognize they are wonderful and good people who have done incredible good works for others. AND they makes a wonderful product at a reasonable price and the service is excellent there
5. I respect the right of anyone to say whatever they feel or believe as long as they don’t interfere with the rights of others.
6. Liking Chick-fil-A has nothing to do with whether or not someone is anti-gay any more than some of restaurants we eat at that have gay wait-staff makes a person pro-gay... I am sick of these people in all walks of life labeling others.
7. Personally, I could care less who marries who, that's their business…and none of mine. I believe everyone has a right to live in whatever manner they choose unless they start thrusting it on me. Of course no one should be persecuted, including me BUT it has nothing to do with my favorite fast-food chicken restaurant.
8. Please re-post this everywhere and encourage discussion and don’t attack or try to intimidate anyone even if their views are not yours. Alpha Dawg Speaks