What  characteristics differentiate  the differences between a woman vs a man in selling autombiles  in today's marketplace?

Views: 2546

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well I know the stats say that women out sell men by about 22 units a year yet only 8% of the salesforce is female. In very general terms I have seen that women salespeople appear to have the clients need and wants at the top of their priority list.I have also seen that because it is such a "Man's World" they seem to strive harder to achieve and outwork many male salespeople.
"People like to buy from people who are consistently sensitive and attentive to their
needs. Women are by nature more intuitive and they pick up subtle signals from others. Such
observation and awareness are skills that can be learned, and are powerful sales tools."

LARRY MULLINS
Why Do Women Make the
Best Salesmen?
Is it time that men learned
their secrets?
I read the book by the former car dealer Marion Brem where she battled two cancers and survived , and lost her marriage. took a jib as a switchboard operator then sales Fand I , on ward and upward to becoming a dealer
Hard work respect and sincerity is a trait both men and women share. So I can't say women are better. The hard workers are better. To be a great sales person there are certain skills and instincts that cannot be taught. The skill sets necessary to be a great sales person may be easier learned or come more naturally to a women.
To say women are better because they are women is just a generalization.
I absolutely believe women to be superior sales people to men. There are willing to prepare, train and follow up more. In other industries like finance, telecommunications, technology, pharmaceuticals they achieve at high levels.

Women don't do well in the auto industry, I believe, because they are NOT willing to lose their credibility in order to get a deal done. You see them do very well in finance positions and management positions but in much lower ratios on the sales force due to the encouragement of the back and forth, 'I don't know", "I can't tell you", "that information comes from...." mentality that still permeates our industry. I have heard people say it is because of the hours, the heat, the pay plan, they are nurturers not hunters.... none of that is the case!

I know women that manage companies, boardrooms, the household, the finances and then go home and are a mother to two children. There is a higher ratio of women our armed forces than the auto business. That is not because of the hours, hard work, the threat of death, heat of the desert or jungle - Women do not do well in environments where they are asked to play dumb to get a deal done. That is why you see higher ratios of women high-line stores there are more information and full disclosure friendly.

grant cardone
http://www.facebook.com/cardonesuccess
What's even better than a woman salesperson? A good looking woman salesperson! That's goes for men as well. Like it or not, people form an impression of you even before the words come out of your mouth. It's always important to look your best.

Jerry Thibeau
www.phoneupninjas.com
Grant Cardone said:
I absolutely believe women to be superior sales people to men. There are willing to prepare, train and follow up more. In other industries like finance, telecommunications, technology, pharmaceuticals they achieve at high levels.

Women don't do well in the auto industry, I believe, because they are NOT willing to lose their credibility in order to get a deal done. You see them do very well in finance positions and management positions but in much lower ratios on the sales force due to the encouragement of the back and forth, 'I don't know", "I can't tell you", "that information comes from...." mentality that still permeates our industry. I have heard people say it is because of the hours, the heat, the pay plan, they are nurturers not hunters.... none of that is the case!

I know women that manage companies, boardrooms, the household, the finances and then go home and are a mother to two children. There is a higher ratio of women our armed forces than the auto business. That is not because of the hours, hard work, the threat of death, heat of the desert or jungle - Women do not do well in environments where they are asked to play dumb to get a deal done. That is why you see higher ratios of women high-line stores there are more information and full disclosure friendly.

grant cardone
http://www.facebook.com/cardonesuccess
thank you Grant you have set the stage here for some real truth about women seling cars managing buisnesses etc Thank you so very much I so appreciate your comments
Jerry Thibeau said:
What's even better than a woman salesperson? A good looking woman salesperson! That's goes for men as well. Like it or not, people form an impression of you even before the words come out of your mouth. It's always important to look your best.

Jerry Thibeau
www.phoneupninjas.com
aaron kominsky said:
Jerry Thibeau said:
What's even better than a woman salesperson? A good looking woman salesperson! That's goes for men as well. Like it or not, people form an impression of you even before the words come out of your mouth. It's always important to look your best.

Jerry Thibeau
www.phoneupninjas.com
Jerry thank you , first impressions are the real deal
JoAnna Weber said:
"People like to buy from people who are consistently sensitive and attentive to their
needs. Women are by nature more intuitive and they pick up subtle signals from others. Such
observation and awareness are skills that can be learned, and are powerful sales tools."

LARRY MULLINS
Why Do Women Make the
Best Salesmen?
Is it time that men learned
their secrets?

RSS

dE Sponsor

Latest Activity

Yogesh Sashi posted a blog post

How to Become a Digital Marketing Consultant

Owing to the extensive technological reforms in the business and industry sector, the demand for…See More
7 hours ago
Tony Provost posted a video
13 hours ago
Crystal Hartwell posted blog posts
20 hours ago
Jeff Cowan's blog post was featured

Write Service Podcast: Episode 55- Are We Too Far Into Technology?

As we come closer to the NADA convention, one of the most discussed topics is technology. Whether…See More
20 hours ago
Black Book posted a blog post

BLACK BOOK AND THE APPRAISAL LANE TEAM UP TO GIVE CONSUMERS THE TRADE-IN EXPERIENCE THEY REALLY WANT

New mobile platform combines market-reflective valuations with cash offers from live experts to…See More
22 hours ago
Jeff Cowan posted a blog post

Write Service Podcast: Episode 55- Are We Too Far Into Technology?

As we come closer to the NADA convention, one of the most discussed topics is technology. Whether…See More
23 hours ago
Cynthia Madison posted blog posts
yesterday
Erik S. Nachbahr posted a blog post

5 Tips to Prevent Phishing Attacks

Phishing is the practice of sending targeted emails designed to lure employees into a number of…See More
yesterday

de sponsor

Get Newsletter

dE Sponsor

© 2019   Created by DealerELITE.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service