I want to get more New Car Sales from the people sitting and waiting in our Service Lounge.  Currently, I schedule a Sales Person to 1 hour in the Service Lounge so that he/she may Prospect the Customers that are waiting to have their Toyota Serviced.  I have tried many different approaches, word tracks, and events to create interest in Buying a New Car that same day.  We currently utilize IMS and we also have our Sales People greeting each customer after they are finished with the Service Advisor. 

Does anyone have a great suggestion to a Process and/or Word Track, etc. to help me sell more cars from Customers in my Service Lounge?  Obviously, I would prefer to Sell them a Car the same day the customer is in Service however, I also want to ensure our Retention. 

ANY and ALL suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....Thank You in Advance!

P.S. - We are a Toyota/Scion Dealership in South West Florida.  Currently, our Service Department is located in an area Separate of the New Car Showroom.  The Scion brand is located in a separate building as well as my Used Car Department.  I have a Staff of 20 Sales Pros.  We average around 110+ customers in our Service Department per day.

Views: 4934

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the reason that I have been successful at this is that I'm not from a car selling background. I'm from Wall Street where people are held to a higher standard. I suggest trying to get one of your sales people pass a series 7 test and you'll know what I mean. Care sales people are the lowest rung of the sales industry. I'm convinced that most of their sales are strictly out of consumer necessity. That's why elevating your staff and the kind of tenacity I bring will help any dealer.
Have your salesperson offer coffee to everyone. Those who accept will always listen... Here is a great word track that I used as a trainer... What do you have in for service? Really? We just got the brand new ???? 2010 in last week! Since you have been driving the older model ????, I would love to get your opinion on the new one so that I can pass your opinion on to our next customers. This is good for 10 test drives per day from your service department. Atleast one out of ten, maybe two will ask to look at numbers. For the other eight... I have to ask you, if I could put you in this new vehicle and keep your COST OF DRIVING the same would you be interested in looking at some figures. 1 or 2 will say yes. This is good for 2- 3 write- ups per day and one deal. That's thirty extra cars per month. How does that sound Brad?
Wow! I have spent 33 years of my automotive career defending my position and my passion for the auto industry! I have met the most amazing car people from all over the country who ply their trade with honesty, integrity, business ethics and so forth via NADA, MSADA, 20 groups and now social media platforms such as these!

Yes, there are a few deceitful, lying and cheating people in the industry, just as there are in law, the medical profession, politics, real estate and many more. My candid opinion, Michael, with all due respect is if your goal is to build trusting relationships in the auto industry, you need to lose that negative perception of car sales people in general and offer those deserving of respect so rightfully earned, the compassionate desire to change that perception around and work towards a goal of elevating the consumers view by winnowing out the liars and cheats! This can be accomplished, but not by ridiculing all who hold this esteemed and rewarding position!

Michael Saint-Clair said:
I think the reason that I have been successful at this is that I'm not from a car selling background. I'm from Wall Street where people are held to a higher standard. I suggest trying to get one of your sales people pass a series 7 test and you'll know what I mean. Care sales people are the lowest rung of the sales industry. I'm convinced that most of their sales are strictly out of consumer necessity. That's why elevating your staff and the kind of tenacity I bring will help any dealer.
Nancy, I agree with you 100%! Positive people build relationships, while negative people bring others down. I would much rather hire a NICE person and teach them to sell, than to hire a negative and tenacious person, and teach them to be NICE. All purchases are out of consumer necessity Michael. Some fill physical needs, while others fill emotional needs. Over 85% of our consumers do business based on relationships and there are so many options today, they can go anywhere they choose. Michael, the best word in your paragraph was "care". It's too bad you meant car. If I were looking for a BDS, I'd hire Nancy!
That's how it's done Joe!
That's only two comments from two great trainers,Fran and yourself so far..... Where is the King of Gross/Automax and Cardone?

Joe Brunner said:
Have your salesperson offer coffee to everyone. Those who accept will always listen... Here is a great word track that I used as a trainer... What do you have in for service? Really? We just got the brand new ???? 2010 in last week! Since you have been driving the older model ????, I would love to get your opinion on the new one so that I can pass your opinion on to our next customers. This is good for 10 test drives per day from your service department. Atleast one out of ten, maybe two will ask to look at numbers. For the other eight... I have to ask you, if I could put you in this new vehicle and keep your COST OF DRIVING the same would you be interested in looking at some figures. 1 or 2 will say yes. This is good for 2- 3 write- ups per day and one deal. That's thirty extra cars per month. How does that sound Brad?
Thanks Manny! You definitely don't have to sell using this method. 20% of the time the demo will sell itself!
Welcome to the Winner's Circle Jim!!!
Now we have the best in the brightest in the automotive industry working

Jim Washam said:
I can't tell you how many times I've watched a salesperson with little or no training, script, desire or ACCOUNTABILITY work the service drive with little or no results...day in and day out. If you do one thing everyday and do not see any results no matter how small the result may be...you will stop. You may be physically in the service drive but you certainly won't talk to anyone!
You've hit the nail on the head!!!
Lack of training, lack of what to say. Combine your advice along with Joe Brunner and wow, I could see some huge gains.

Leonard Buchholz said:
There are a lot of excellent ideas on here. Probably the number one reason I see poor conversion success is consistency. Most sales and dealerships have a somewhat lackadaisical approach to this (key word) PROCESS! They have salespeople somedays and on other days there is no one. There are of course a zillion reasons " I didn't know it was my day in the service drive", "I forgot"...you know the drill. Yet, if there is a defined PROCESS in place with a designated salesperson...it works.
Second reason that there is a poor result is the selection of and committment of the SALESPERSON! I can't tell you how many times I've watched a salesperson with little or no training, script, desire or ACCOUNTABILITY work the service drive with little or no results...day in and day out. If you do one thing everyday and do not see any results no matter how small the result may be...you will stop. You may be physically in the service drive but you certainly won't talk to anyone!
Third reason is lack of training and accountability. Maybe your top dog number one or two can go into any service drive, strike up a conversation about anything, turn that conversation into a discussion about the customers current vehicle and then turn that into a sale. But not everyone on your staff is a top dog number one or two. They like to think they are...but reality is they are not. That's why they need training, role play and scripting to achieve a level of success. And, at the end of every shift in the service drive a serious discussion needs to take place. It might sound like this. "Hey Sallly, how was the service drive today? How many service customers did you talk to? What was the results of those conversations? How many sales appointments have you set? What was the average age, miles, condition of the vehicles owned by the customers you talked to? Tell me how you approached the customer, what did you say?" and of course a few other ACCOUNTABILITY questions.
Lastly, Celebrate The Success! In your daily sales huddle, tell everyone what the results of the previous days service drive interaction were. This is not the time to train...this is the time to Celebrate! Attaboys and High Fives at a minimum! Training is for later either one on one or in small groups.
There are a few things to chew on on there. Good Luck. Shoot me an email if you need anything else.
Thank you Jim. It's nice to know one is appreciated.
Jim Washam said:
Joe, I am sorry I did not mention something earlier, I got side tracked. Your word tracts and methods are so simple and easy. I love it!br/>

MANNY LUNA said:
That's how it's done Joe!
That's only two comments from two great trainers,Fran and yourself so far..... Where is the King of Gross/Automax and Cardone?

Joe Brunner said:

RSS

Latest Activity

Dane Saville posted a blog post

How Your Dealership Can Have Social Media Mania, Brother! | KPI Cafe Season 3 Episode 3

Host Dane Saville conjures up the power of Hulkamania to talk about a remarkable paid social media…See More
Friday
Scot Eisenfelder posted a video

CarMax is winning by Playing Moneyball

Scot Eisenfelder explains how CarMax enjoys tremendous market value by levering its data in every single operation.
Friday
Jim Flint posted a blog post
Friday
Mike theCarGuy Correra posted a video

Can New Technology Make A Dealership Less Efficient?

Mike Correra shares how dealerships can adopt new technology more efficiently.
Friday
Richard Keeney posted a blog post
Thursday
Damian Boudreaux posted blog posts
Thursday
Lehel Reeves posted a video

3 Types of Video that Lead to Increased Lead Conversion

Lehel Reeves shares three types of video responses to send to your customers that can increase show rate and lead conversions.
Thursday
Rob Gehring posted a blog post
Wednesday
Bill Wittenmyer posted a video

#WittsWiseWords: You Can Still Be The "Go-To Person" for Digital Retail

Digital retail opens new possibilities and responsibilities for engaging with today's connected car shopper. As Bill Wittenmyer explains, being the "Go-To" p...
Wednesday
Adam Swanson posted a blog post
Tuesday
Scot Eisenfelder posted a blog post

Auto Groups Overlook $230K Per Store in Used-Car Service Opportunities [PRESS RELEASE]

Study reveals that auto groups could significantly increase customer pay revenue by marketing to…See More
Tuesday
Reynalda Lor posted a discussion

Need Suggestion About Tesla 3 Floor Mats

Greetings!We recently got a bunch of Tesla Model 3 vehicles via a private dealing with the sellers…See More
Dec 2
Timmy D. James posted a blog post

Flick Fusion Introduces Dynamic Marketing Videos (DMVs) for Auto Dealers

New platform offers cost-effective, fast solution for creating videos that promote auto…See More
Dec 2
Mike Esposito posted a blog post

Auto/Mate Integrates Dealership Management System (DMS) with Storm Kiosks Inc.’s Express Service Kiosks

Albany, N.Y. – December 2, 2019 – Auto/Mate Dealership Systems announced today it has successfully…See More
Dec 2
Aadam Alford posted a blog post
Dec 2
Ryan Holman posted a blog post

Why Servicing Your Car Timely,Is An Important Thing To Marked In a Calendar

A car is similar to any other machine that requires regular maintenance. The cars are getting more…See More
Dec 2
Zoe Sewell posted a blog post

What Are The Different Types Of Truck Alarm System: Understand Their Importance

Do you own a truck? If you have one, in that case, you need to make sure that it is safe and secure…See More
Nov 28
Dave Anderson posted a blog post

The Golden Rule for Game Changers

It's not just what you don't do to someone, but what you proactively do for them that creates…See More
Nov 26

Get Newsletter

© 2019   Created by DealerELITE.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service