Traditional Advertising, is it truly over as many might say?

I've found that there are different environments, climates and demographics that call for traditional advertising! Although Social Media is on the move and in my opinion will be sooner than later, the #1 source to reach a customer, traditional advertising must not be counted out!

In some towns the paper is still King, while in others a local T.V. station is King and believe it or not in some towns Radio is King.

While the hot topic of today is online digital marketing and social media, my message is this; don't count out any source or avenue to reach a dealers customer base, and rather than assume what is best for a dealer in their climate, it's more important to learn of what their climate and demographics call for!

Tip of the week on dE...

Views: 1686

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Not only did I demo your product, I spoke with one of your associates - Justin, he answered the phone as one of the available options.

I like it my brother... It's just as you said, fishing with a net and allowing to capture live leads, and if they get off the hook, an immediate follow up with all pertinent data! I'm looking forward to our meeting tomorrow.. Very strong product that ties in directly with "LIVE".....

Bill Goodfriend said:

Bobby, I thoroughly enjoyed our conversation today. I am in 100% in agreement with you in that as long as we have technology on our side that we must be completely pro-active and become live or 'real time'!  I really like the way you think and am totally on board with you. I beleive, like you, that we can, as a team bring the automotive industry to an entirely new level. I sincerely look forward to working with you and developing a mutually beneficial as well as professional relationship.

Best Regards,

Bill Goodfriend

As a "Vendor" Salesperson Recruiting/Training Company plus our partnerships and alliances,over 70% of our new business is coming from our engagement in various social media sources.

I agree with you Craig, businesses are utilizing social media as a form of connecting, communicating and creating partnerships on a very large scale, and I think this is just the start of whats to come.

From a consumers point of view, I think it's safe to say that it's important for businesses of all sorts to start in creating a professional and engaging presentation, while at the same time understanding that social networking is simply social skills 101. 

I suggest Social Media sites to be incorporated in all advertising and marketing efforts. I like to think of Social Media as creating additional phone lines for a consumer to engage, and on their own terms.

Awesome insight, thanks for sharing.

Craig Lockerd said:

As a "Vendor" Salesperson Recruiting/Training Company plus our partnerships and alliances,over 70% of our new business is coming from our engagement in various social media sources.
I always have to laugh at the internet marketer that tells me that print and media are a dead funnel... I find it fascinating how much money is spent on print and media ad campaigns pushing the consumer to www.fillintheblank.com for hot deals and savings. I believe firmly that these are necessary outlets to promote your company, you still need them, maybe more then ever.

There sure is a lot of good information on here. It's nice to see so many professionals in one place.

Great question. To me, the answer is an emphatic no way. What we have found in the digital automotive business is that every time we conduct digital advertising at a local level, it’s directly impacted by the national traditional advertising going on at the same time. When the national advertising shuts off, there’s a dip in digital traffic. Digital today is very good for being the catch-basin for the middle and low funnel, but you have to catch that funnel, and traditional advertising is a great way to do that. You gotta do both…it’s the farthest thing from dead.-Max Steckler, VP of Advertising Products for The Cobalt Group

Powerful Share Max!!! 

This information coming from Cobalt is testimony to the legitimacy of the power in Traditional - National, Regional and Local Advertising. 

Combining traditional with digital mediums are to say the least - KEY in today's success of marketing! 

Very strong testimony from Cobalt Group... 

The Cobalt Group said:

Great question. To me, the answer is an emphatic no way. What we have found in the digital automotive business is that every time we conduct digital advertising at a local level, it’s directly impacted by the national traditional advertising going on at the same time. When the national advertising shuts off, there’s a dip in digital traffic. Digital today is very good for being the catch-basin for the middle and low funnel, but you have to catch that funnel, and traditional advertising is a great way to do that. You gotta do both…it’s the farthest thing from dead.-Max Steckler, VP of Advertising Products for The Cobalt Group

You always stirring it up man, what's next?

I think you said it, Bobby, without actually saying it. It's not about the venue, it's about the content. Whatever method works best for each dealership is what they should use. The most important marketing advice: know your target audience. However they are searching for information and buying products/services is where you need to be. Always keep in mind the evolving branding landscape though. If you have an audience that embraces change, likes technology, etc. keep your finger on the pulse with different technologies, traditional and digital marketing initiatives so you can try new tactics. 

With our advertising mix, we get several calls from our TV spots on new cars.  Radio tends to drive alot of our used car traffic straight to the showroom.  Our internet advertising, via FB, Dealix, Cars, or Autotrader seems to drive more showroom traffic than actual leads these days.

Hello,

To paraphrase Mark Twain; "reports of the death of traditional media have been greatly exaggerated."

As an example, I'm in the direct mail and email marketing business working for service departments of franchise dealerships and have recently seen a dramatic increase in the effectiveness of direct mail and a decrease in the effectiveness of email marketing. 

Brian Allen/President

Pistondata.com

ballen@pistondata.com

Absolutely.  You guys are 100% right.  There is absolutely no reason to spend one single dime on any

traditional advertising.  I've just sent your posts over to Obama's media people.  Hope they heed your advice.

RSS

© 2024   Created by DealerELITE.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service