Many deals are missed simply because a sales consultant fears to ask for the sale, or simply doesn't know where or when!

The old adage is 90% of the deal is made on the car lot, and 10% is at the write up. By the time a sales consultant makes it through the steps of the sale, at what point do they ask for the sale?

When it's time to do the write up, this should ultimately be the easy part of the sale for both the customer and dealer!

No Fear selling made simple! 

  

 

Views: 468

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree Mike, no hitting with low ball figures - Great Point...

Mike Stoner said:

I agree with Nancy and Scott.

 

High gross averages can be had even with internet customers provided it is not your process to hit them with a low ball figure in an attempt to get them in the store. I've posted a video on my page titled "Let The Customer Pour" which towards the end mentions the internet department.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT4ueYLOLdI

Interestingly enough you're all saying the right things and this is that "it simply varies" and based on a variety of factors like Source, Buyer Type, Vehicle, Credit Score, Location, Culture, Rapport, Sales person tenure, process (the list goes on) when and how you ask for the sale simply varies. BUT (yes I said but) here's an interesting question: are you willing to go back to customers that you sold to in the past 60 days and ask them directly? Something like this..."Everything ok... checking  in on you... I'd like to ask a favor, would you be willing to help me learn more about our experience together and how I can help other customers in the future? In your experience with me, what made you most comfortable about deciding to buy from me..." Then follow up with, by the way, would you mind taking a few minutes to share that experience on one of the review sites....

See where I'm going with this don't you.  

Depends on how we define the "sale" if we mean mental exchange of ownership, then I believe we ask for that sale when the clients feelings and emotions are at their highest possible peak...after the demo drive....at the desk,should be the terms of the agreement.
Ron, I think your idea is excellent. I see emails or notes from customers once in "blue moon" letting the sales person or dealership know "why" the customer bought. I believe that if asked, customers would respond. If they were offered an incentive, discounted oil change or rotation, etc. they would respond in great numbers. Terrific post, thank you.


Ron Morrison said:

Interestingly enough you're all saying the right things and this is that "it simply varies" and based on a variety of factors like Source, Buyer Type, Vehicle, Credit Score, Location, Culture, Rapport, Sales person tenure, process (the list goes on) when and how you ask for the sale simply varies. BUT (yes I said but) here's an interesting question: are you willing to go back to customers that you sold to in the past 60 days and ask them directly? Something like this..."Everything ok... checking  in on you... I'd like to ask a favor, would you be willing to help me learn more about our experience together and how I can help other customers in the future? In your experience with me, what made you most comfortable about deciding to buy from me..." Then follow up with, by the way, would you mind taking a few minutes to share that experience on one of the review sites....

See where I'm going with this don't you.  


Give the customer the incentive without the condition of responding. And why not provide an opportunity for that customer to respond easily to such a request. Would the impact be greater if it was a message (video) from the owner or GM asking for feedback and providing a way for them to easily respond and maybe even go directly to dealerrater or other review type sites?

 

Give the customer the ability to respond in the fashion they are most comfortable with, including annonomously. Feedback is essential to improving processes. Get as much as you can in any way you can.


Steve Richards said:

Ron, I think your idea is excellent. I see emails or notes from customers once in "blue moon" letting the sales person or dealership know "why" the customer bought. I believe that if asked, customers would respond. If they were offered an incentive, discounted oil change or rotation, etc. they would respond in great numbers. Terrific post, thank you.


Ron Morrison said:

Interestingly enough you're all saying the right things and this is that "it simply varies" and based on a variety of factors like Source, Buyer Type, Vehicle, Credit Score, Location, Culture, Rapport, Sales person tenure, process (the list goes on) when and how you ask for the sale simply varies. BUT (yes I said but) here's an interesting question: are you willing to go back to customers that you sold to in the past 60 days and ask them directly? Something like this..."Everything ok... checking  in on you... I'd like to ask a favor, would you be willing to help me learn more about our experience together and how I can help other customers in the future? In your experience with me, what made you most comfortable about deciding to buy from me..." Then follow up with, by the way, would you mind taking a few minutes to share that experience on one of the review sites....

See where I'm going with this don't you.  

I do see where you're going with this - Strong process and outstanding online reviews!~ Spot ON....

Ron Morrison said:

Interestingly enough you're all saying the right things and this is that "it simply varies" and based on a variety of factors like Source, Buyer Type, Vehicle, Credit Score, Location, Culture, Rapport, Sales person tenure, process (the list goes on) when and how you ask for the sale simply varies. BUT (yes I said but) here's an interesting question: are you willing to go back to customers that you sold to in the past 60 days and ask them directly? Something like this..."Everything ok... checking  in on you... I'd like to ask a favor, would you be willing to help me learn more about our experience together and how I can help other customers in the future? In your experience with me, what made you most comfortable about deciding to buy from me..." Then follow up with, by the way, would you mind taking a few minutes to share that experience on one of the review sites....

See where I'm going with this don't you.  

Agree with Mike, a video message has far more impact than an email, phone call, or postcard.

Mike Stoner said:


Give the customer the incentive without the condition of responding. And why not provide an opportunity for that customer to respond easily to such a request. Would the impact be greater if it was a message (video) from the owner or GM asking for feedback and providing a way for them to easily respond and maybe even go directly to dealerrater or other review type sites?

 

Give the customer the ability to respond in the fashion they are most comfortable with, including annonomously. Feedback is essential to improving processes. Get as much as you can in any way you can.


Steve Richards said:

Ron, I think your idea is excellent. I see emails or notes from customers once in "blue moon" letting the sales person or dealership know "why" the customer bought. I believe that if asked, customers would respond. If they were offered an incentive, discounted oil change or rotation, etc. they would respond in great numbers. Terrific post, thank you.


Ron Morrison said:

Interestingly enough you're all saying the right things and this is that "it simply varies" and based on a variety of factors like Source, Buyer Type, Vehicle, Credit Score, Location, Culture, Rapport, Sales person tenure, process (the list goes on) when and how you ask for the sale simply varies. BUT (yes I said but) here's an interesting question: are you willing to go back to customers that you sold to in the past 60 days and ask them directly? Something like this..."Everything ok... checking  in on you... I'd like to ask a favor, would you be willing to help me learn more about our experience together and how I can help other customers in the future? In your experience with me, what made you most comfortable about deciding to buy from me..." Then follow up with, by the way, would you mind taking a few minutes to share that experience on one of the review sites....

See where I'm going with this don't you.  

Outstanding point out Richard, there's something to be said for the emotion created with video!!! Very nice...

Steve Richards said:
Agree with Mike, a video message has far more impact than an email, phone call, or postcard.

Mike Stoner said:


Give the customer the incentive without the condition of responding. And why not provide an opportunity for that customer to respond easily to such a request. Would the impact be greater if it was a message (video) from the owner or GM asking for feedback and providing a way for them to easily respond and maybe even go directly to dealerrater or other review type sites?

 

Give the customer the ability to respond in the fashion they are most comfortable with, including annonomously. Feedback is essential to improving processes. Get as much as you can in any way you can.


Steve Richards said:

Ron, I think your idea is excellent. I see emails or notes from customers once in "blue moon" letting the sales person or dealership know "why" the customer bought. I believe that if asked, customers would respond. If they were offered an incentive, discounted oil change or rotation, etc. they would respond in great numbers. Terrific post, thank you.


Ron Morrison said:

Interestingly enough you're all saying the right things and this is that "it simply varies" and based on a variety of factors like Source, Buyer Type, Vehicle, Credit Score, Location, Culture, Rapport, Sales person tenure, process (the list goes on) when and how you ask for the sale simply varies. BUT (yes I said but) here's an interesting question: are you willing to go back to customers that you sold to in the past 60 days and ask them directly? Something like this..."Everything ok... checking  in on you... I'd like to ask a favor, would you be willing to help me learn more about our experience together and how I can help other customers in the future? In your experience with me, what made you most comfortable about deciding to buy from me..." Then follow up with, by the way, would you mind taking a few minutes to share that experience on one of the review sites....

See where I'm going with this don't you.  

RSS

Latest Activity

Richard Keeney posted a blog post
53 minutes ago
Damian Boudreaux posted blog posts
2 hours ago
Lehel Reeves posted a video

3 Types of Video that Lead to Increased Lead Conversion

Lehel Reeves shares three types of video responses to send to your customers that can increase show rate and lead conversions.
22 hours ago
Rob Gehring posted a blog post
yesterday
Bill Wittenmyer posted a video

#WittsWiseWords: You Can Still Be The "Go-To Person" for Digital Retail

Digital retail opens new possibilities and responsibilities for engaging with today's connected car shopper. As Bill Wittenmyer explains, being the "Go-To" p...
yesterday
Adam Swanson posted a blog post
Tuesday
Scot Eisenfelder posted a blog post

Auto Groups Overlook $230K Per Store in Used-Car Service Opportunities [PRESS RELEASE]

Study reveals that auto groups could significantly increase customer pay revenue by marketing to…See More
Tuesday
Reynalda Lor posted a discussion

Need Suggestion About Tesla 3 Floor Mats

Greetings!We recently got a bunch of Tesla Model 3 vehicles via a private dealing with the sellers…See More
Monday
Timmy D. James posted a blog post

Flick Fusion Introduces Dynamic Marketing Videos (DMVs) for Auto Dealers

New platform offers cost-effective, fast solution for creating videos that promote auto…See More
Monday
Mike Esposito posted a blog post

Auto/Mate Integrates Dealership Management System (DMS) with Storm Kiosks Inc.’s Express Service Kiosks

Albany, N.Y. – December 2, 2019 – Auto/Mate Dealership Systems announced today it has successfully…See More
Monday
Aadam Alford posted a blog post
Monday
Ryan Holman posted a blog post

Why Servicing Your Car Timely,Is An Important Thing To Marked In a Calendar

A car is similar to any other machine that requires regular maintenance. The cars are getting more…See More
Monday
Zoe Sewell posted a blog post

What Are The Different Types Of Truck Alarm System: Understand Their Importance

Do you own a truck? If you have one, in that case, you need to make sure that it is safe and secure…See More
Nov 28
Dave Anderson posted a blog post

The Golden Rule for Game Changers

It's not just what you don't do to someone, but what you proactively do for them that creates…See More
Nov 26
Dane Saville posted a blog post

Oooooh Yeah! Let's Talk Paid Search Conversions | KPI Cafe Season 3 Episode 2

Host Dane Saville gets Macho to break down some of the most important questions for paid search in…See More
Nov 26
John Sternal posted a blog post

New Lease Data Forecasts Which Vehicles are Best Price to Lease in the Month of December

Wantalease.com Data Shows that Cars and SUVs could offer Attractive Lease Deals for December…See More
Nov 26
Mark Simon posted blog posts
Nov 26
Jim Flint's blog post was featured
Nov 25

Get Newsletter

© 2019   Created by DealerELITE.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service