This is it. This is your year, dealers and vendors. You may have had a lackluster. It may have been decent. Perhaps it was the best year ever for your dealership or company. None of that matters. 2014 is going to be amazing. I can feel it in my gizzard.

For me, the question is easy to answer. As I launch my new company, I'm ready to rock and roll with a focus on search, social, and content marketing (since they're really going to be one overarching discipline in 2014). What is going to be YOUR area of focus.

I'd love to see a full discussion on this one simply because it really is that important. For years, we've seen automotive social networks grow quickly but often with lighter interaction than there should be. We've reached a tipping point to where it's safe to say that lively discussions can help all of us get better at being at the top of our respective games in our areas, both dealers and vendors alike. Those on this network are the special ones. Most dealers and vendors are focused on their own little internal worlds rather than discussing and networking in this modern way. Here, we can make each other better.

So, what's your focus in 2014. No limits. No rules. If you're going to focus on 10 things, so be it - list them out. If you're going to be laser focused on one thing, awesome. Either way, let's talk through this. It's our time for #awesomesauce.

Here are some things that dealers and vendors might look at for improving in 2014, just to get the discussion going. It's far from complete but it's a good start. Add to the list, offer opinions on ones that have already been tossed out, or tell me I'm an idiot. Let's build a powerful list that we'll be able to look back on throughout the year.

2014 Automotive Focus Points for Dealers and Vendors (in no particular order...)

• Building Proper Mobile Websites - responsive, adaptive, 1-to-1 pages
  • Intuitive CRM Installation and Integration - bridging the gap between what works from a software perspective and what dealers can get the team to use properly (training, resources, incentives, etc)
  • Reputation Management - The rules seem to be changing. The players seem to be changing. The OEMs are starting to get more aggressive. What's next?
  • Search Engine Optimization - This is the one marketing field that seems to be thinning out a bit. Fewer vendors are doing it (mostly because it got harder last year in my humble opinion) but the pack at the top is starting to separate... or is it just a dying medium?
  • Shopper Decision Influence - Applying the tools tha turn visitors into leads (innovative lead generation widgets) and that turn leads into appointments that show (HookLogic-style tools) to maximize sales efficiencies.
  • Social Media Marketing/Advertising - The rise of social media continues. Is this the year to start selling cars on the popular medium?
  • Customer Retention Services - There are more and more services becoming available to take the "big data" component of the DMS and turn it into repeat and referral business.
  • Display Advertising - Companies like Dealer.com and LotLinx are taking the dealers' messages out to the places they visit on the web.
  • Training and Consultation - Like SEO, the number of quality trainers and consultants is starting to slim down. Is 2014 the year to bring one to your dealership?
  • In-House Education and DIY Methodology - Webinars, podcasts, conferences, social networks - there is no shortage of training available to build a strong internal team.
  • Search Advertising - It's more than just PPC. Search advertising has evolved to include several different innovative techniques such as retargeting.
  • Video Marketing - More time is being spent on watching videos every day. Preroll, video libraries, produced videos - sky's the limit with the visual medium.
  • SMS Lead Generation and Marketing - Mobile technology is getting smart... maybe too smart from some perspectives. Still, it's getting to be more valuable for dealers.

There are tons of other options out there. What's YOUR focus going to be in 2014. Don't just think about it. Post it here!

Views: 127

Reply to This

© 2024   Created by DealerELITE.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service