Here's a sample of what's to come in December's issue of The NEW DLA Newsletter! Included in December's issue is my 4 pt. Interview with David Lewis. For more info check out davidlewis.com
Influence the Influencers: Women
Automobile manufacturers have recognized the impact that women have on sales and profits. Today's ladies are far more influential in the final decision as to what make and model of a vehicle and where to purchase it than ever anticipated.
- Women are more likely to search social network for reviews & will post a positive statement regarding a good buying experience
- Increase of women attending auto shows
- Women have $200 billion worth of purchasing power
- Women are part of the fastest growing group of car buyers
- Women buy more than 50% of the NEW cars in the US
- Women Influence up to 80% of purchases and up to 65% of service work at dealerships
- Husbands and wives share the car buying decision
- Increase in women professionals, single, unaccompanied married women are buying cars
- female car buyers tend to be better prepared and are less emotional
"Woman's Intuition" is a friend to any sales rep in the showroom. Keep in mind during your meet and greet that women are more sensitive to body language and your tone of voice than their male counterparts.
With the steady rise of single females buying your product, safety features and reliability are high on their list of what vehicle appeals to their needs. When they leave the dealership, they expect to know how to use their new car, and if there's a problem down the road that they will have a dependable service department to attend to maintaining their purchase.
- Treat woman as 50% of the buying decision when accompanied by a male
- Preparation: Have full knowledge of the vehicle during the car buying process
- Present product to female buyer just as you would the male
- Ask “where’s your husband?”
- Focus on color and vanity mirror
- Ignore technical features of car
- Patronizing remarks or intimidation techniques