Question to Dealers/Managers...anyone in the car business:All things being equal would you be more inclined to hire a Veteran,Any branch of the military,former Guard or Reservist over anyone else...and why?

Views: 241

Replies to This Discussion

Merit is considered equal in Graig's scenario. "All things being equal.......".....my nod still goes to the Vet.

Correct

Thomas A. Kelly said:

Merit is considered equal in Graig's scenario. "All things being equal.......".....my nod still goes to the Vet.

My statement was, "Hire on merit.  If a former service member has merit as a result of training or education gained while in service, thank Uncle Sam for valuable instruction."  If they have merit as a result of their service, don't forget to thank Uncle Sam.  Why would I say that?  Ask any service member how much they train and drill.  Now, ask any civilian how much they train and drill for their job.  You might just discover a large gap.  This could be the source of why former service members are seen as valued employees.  Maybe if we trained and drilled in corporate American, possibly all things could be equal. 
Stephanie,there is little doubt that additional training,drills,etc are much needed in our industry and throughout "Corporate" America.A very long time ago as part of a word track I would say ..."Well when I was back in car selling school......" Beyond what companies like mine and yours do there aren't many options for people who haven''t sold before to gain that training and skills....somebody ought to.....

Stephanie Young said:
My statement was, "Hire on merit.  If a former service member has merit as a result of training or education gained while in service, thank Uncle Sam for valuable instruction."  If they have merit as a result of their service, don't forget to thank Uncle Sam.  Why would I say that?  Ask any service member how much they train and drill.  Now, ask any civilian how much they train and drill for their job.  You might just discover a large gap.  This could be the source of why former service members are seen as valued employees.  Maybe if we trained and drilled in corporate American, possibly all things could be equal. 
Definitely disciplined and appreciate process...

Absolutely - YES
Those are both such important ingredients in building a better salesperson.

Bobby Compton said:
Definitely disciplined and appreciate process...

Absolutely - YES

Former military people make great employees. As everyone here has already commented, better disciplined, hardier, willing to work hard even under difficult circumstances and just good people to have.

Thanks for the comment Leonard,Again "all things being equal" seems like the smart choice.

Leonard Buchholz said:

Former military people make great employees. As everyone here has already commented, better disciplined, hardier, willing to work hard even under difficult circumstances and just good people to have.

RSS

© 2024   Created by DealerELITE.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service