So your Finance Manager is at $1100 per copy, Now what!

Anything over 900 is awesome.

Now here is the question, how many deals have you lost this month or this year because customers were pre-qualified at the sales desk or in finance because of credit score or no phone etc?

Too many deals are walking out of stores nationwide because of credit score or pre-qualifying at the desk. We tell our salespeople never pre-qualify a customer, but I have watched managers do it for years.In this economy we are now in it is vital for us to disect every deal! 

Everyone needs to remember one golden rule! The customers credit score determines one thing and one thing only! Their interest rate. It has not one thing to do with getting the deal bought! Sit in any dealership nationwide and in 90% of the stores the first thing out of half the managers and salespeople's mouths are "what's their score"  Who cares, the score is the score. The rate is the rate. We all need to get back down to basic good old fashion selling. Sell the dam car! Features, Benefits, want's and needs etc. 

We need to stop letting the bank reps tell our people how to sell and who to sell. In this market if you are doing 50 cars or more and do any secondary finance at all, (you better be!) you need at least 3 primary banks and 7 secondary banks. The old saying goes there is a person for every seat, well there is a bank for every customer. Do not make the decision for the bank! Send it in! Most secondary banks have done away with book to look now, hell I have reps who sit at home and call me on computer turn downs to see if we can turn the deal around. With all the losses they took the last few years they need to feed that monster we call a portfolio. So feed it. Also, you can and absolutely should Get signed up with a local Credit Union! Most buy by retail or a percentage of retail. Trust me when I tell you there is a credit union in your area that buys D Paper! No you can't make huge back ends, but you move another unit, keep service and detail busy and gain 1 more customer. The referrals alone will keep you busy if you work them right. 

Just think this way, If 3 or 4 dealers pull a bureau and say we can't help you to customer, then they come to you and you INTERVIEW them, treat them with respect and compassion and do everything possible to get them approved, even if you don't get them in a vehicle, they will leave knowing you did all you could do to help them. Now who do you think they will tell their friends to go to?

Let's get back to doing what we were trained to do, be salespeople! The salesman sells the vehicle, it's the desk or finance  manager's job to SELL THE LOAN TO THE BANK! We seem to have lost that in this new era of our business! Let's get back to the art selling. The gross will come with it!

Views: 1248

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tim, You are so RIGHT!!! Write them all. We are not lending the MONEY, the bank is!! Great post, my friend.
Thank you Tony,
My point to this post is the perception nowadays seems to be the banks are tight, relationships do not count etc...In a time where every deal counts I watch desk after desk manager and finance managers look for ways to not make a deal. It seems to me that putting together those tough deals is becoming a lost art.
For me there is nothing like the rush of getting a deal bought that everyone else has given up on. I had a dealer and bank rep tell me one day, "Tim you take this way too personal" of course it's personal! it's my career! maybe that's the problem, so many people are just looking for a job that to them this is not a career. Let's put the pride back into what we do!
I want to share this article with my team. Can you please email it to me @ Daniel.ward@fieldsauto.com. Thanks

RSS

© 2024   Created by DealerELITE.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service