What makes a dealership the place that everyone wants to work at?

Views: 225

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have a great owner who has owned this store for 35 years. Some of our employees have been with him since the early years. One salesman has been here 25 years and one sales manager over 20 years; a service manager for 28 years and many of the service team leaders and technicians have been here 15+. It's a different culture here than at most of our competitors and the customer's can feel this and they respond to it. It is more relaxed, friendly and customer service oriented. The staff knows they are a part of something and that the individual can make a difference. All this makes it a fun and exciting place to work. The company motto is "Excellent Service Sells Cars" and the dealership is one of only five Toyota dealerships to win Toyota's President's Award every year since its inception 25 years ago..
John that is outstanding! You are in a very unusual and wonderful store!
 Now that sounds like a GREAT place to work.

John McMillan said:
We have a great owner who has owned this store for 35 years. Some of our employees have been with him since the early years. One salesman has been here 25 years and one sales manager over 20 years; a service manager for 28 years and many of the service team leaders and technicians have been here 15+. It's a different culture here than at most of our competitors and the customer's can feel this and they respond to it. It is more relaxed, friendly and customer service oriented. The staff knows they are a part of something and that the individual can make a difference. All this makes it a fun and exciting place to work. The company motto is "Excellent Service Sells Cars" and the dealership is one of only five Toyota dealerships to win Toyota's President's Award every year since its inception 25 years ago..

Dick you should know. You visit alot of dealers and I am sure you have seen many versions of this.

Ok what Flordia dealer has the Brothel. lol
Dick Lynch said:

In my opinion atmosphere is important. If a dealership imposes a cut throat brothel

approach amonst the sales staff, morale will ultimately suffer and inevitably that ill

will most definitely shows up with the customers. Dick Lynch

Yes I have seen many managers that need that glue removed. Thanks Christine. Nice to hear from you.

Christine M. Nolden said:

Sales Managers have superglue applied to their Seats... It is close to home and I brush it off, work smart and hard and enjoy the great product I can sell.Greatful to have a place to go to and trive:)

Yes sir I agree 100%!
Marsh Buice said:
Synergy; all depts working together. So many dealerships have the old theory of  pitting every dept against another, mgr vs mgr, sp vs sp and so on. When a culture of teamwork is developed everybody is pullling to put a something together instead of wasting energy bickering amongst each other.
Love to know where this store is. This is our kind of philosophy.

Kathryn Carlson said:

A dealership where management and employees are in alignment on what is good for the business and what is good for employees.  A great place to work has highly engaged employees who understand what is required of them at work, have the tools and training to do the work, do what they do best everyday, receive praise on a regular basis and have the opportunity for advancement if they so chose.  Management provides clear direction as to the goals of the business, how those goals with be achieved and the support structure for employees to achieve the goals.  Communication is open and honest between management and employees.  Market or above level pay and good benefits are icing on the cake.

I love this thread Rick.  

I was taught that car selling is about fun and profit.

I would have to say team unity, in combination with fun and profit. 

After I hear all these great stories......I am the first one in and the last one out, Two working women on the salesforce ( should be an indicator) and we get nothing and like it, only the leads that noone else wants.I am a bit worse off ..... Last month still moved 16 Units with profit.Imagine what I can do with a bit support. I am hungry have two children to feed and love my job.

It is the atmosphere and the non Team work that is what I am not used to. Are any of you in OC California ? lols

I like fun, profit and a great days work!

Just sounds so great to go to work and have all this.The next day all over again....

btw thats were I was...just a bit in shock but with the nose to the grindstone....Richard

Way to go Christine. I have rookies averaging 22 cars a month and one rookie is at the 30 mark. Tiffany is in Ohio and averages 35 plus. They all are into prospecting and have my sales training book.  If you like contact me and I will send you one free. This will help you make money while you are sleeping. Keep up the good work and best of luck.

After I hear all these great stories......I am the first one in and the last one out, Two working women on the salesforce ( should be an indicator) and we get nothing and like it, only the leads that noone else wants.I am a bit worse off ..... Last month still moved 16 Units with profit.Imagine what I can do with a bit support. I am hungry have two children to feed and love my job.

It is the atmosphere and the non Team work that is what I am not used to. Are any of you in OC California ? lols

Just sounds so great to go to work and have all this.The next day all over again....

I have been doing this for quite some time just changed locations

Fran Taylor said:
Way to go Christine. I have rookies averaging 22 cars a month and one rookie is at the 30 mark. Tiffany is in Ohio and averages 35 plus. They all are into prospecting and have my sales training book.  If you like contact me and I will send you one free. This will help you make money while you are sleeping. Keep up the good work and best of luck.

Love Kathryn Carlson's response!

I have listed my personal top reasons:

1.  Positive environment

2.  A personal business plan complete with job description...(outlining the company's expectations of you)

3.  Involvement... Knowing you matter and are included in the mission for the company's success.

4.  Treated as a person and not a number... We Care about You philosophy from the top to the bottom

5.  A fair compensation plan

6.  A company that operates with honesty and integrity (This belongs up there with number one).

7.  A Clear and concise company mission with policies and procedures in place to see that the mission is always everyone's shared vision.

8.  A dealership which wraps themselves around their community...(each and every employee participating in the outreach)

9.  Proper tools afforded to each employee to do their jobs.

10.  Clean and pleasant work environment

RSS

© 2024   Created by DealerELITE.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service