What are some differences between how the 2 act? I'll start... an optimist sees a setback as temporary, while the pessimist sees it as
permanent. The optimist sees an unfortunate event, such as an order that
falls through or a sales call that fails, as a temporary event, something
that is limited in time and that has no real impact on the future. The
pessimist, on the other hand, sees negative events as permanent, as part of
life and destiny.

Views: 158

Replies to This Discussion

LUCK IS WHEN PREPAREDNESS MEETS OPPORTUNITY!

Craig Lockerd said:
Amazing how "Lucky" an Optimist is......

Paul Hardy said:
Thanks for your thought Tony! Its good to have people of like minds on here!

Tony Mento said:
I will admit this one got me thinking so I decided to contribute! The way I see it...

The optimist sees a set back as "reality" and uses it as motivation to move forward... The pessimist sees a set back as "reality" and uses it as justification to withdraw.

The optimist sells a car today and is motivated to sell another one - today. The pessimist sells a car today and "hopes" he sells one tomorrow.

The optimist attributes their success to skill. The pessimist attributes their success to luck.
An optimist designs and builds a new aircraft, a pessimist brings the parachute!

Paul Hardy said:
Craig you wisdom is always appreciated!

Craig Lockerd said:
Well Paul you know I am big on what I see as the FACT that we tend to get what we focus on. Pessimist walks into the house in the world and gets a lousy steak, bad service and a mistake on the bill...NOT to his or her favor!
Optimist drives into the mall and gets the only parking spot left....30 feet from the front door.
It's like that one quote we read in our about the two shoe salemen in the Australian outback selling shoes to the aboriginis. First "salesman [pessimist] calls home office "No business here, these people don't wear shoes" Second SALESPERSON calls home office "GREAT opportunity here,none of these people have shoes yet"
I would be more of an Optimist!....Not Polyanna, because we need to focus on the end game, optimism, faith without works....doesn't work!
Whoa Nancy that is outstanding...Pessimist walks into Ruth Chris and gets the only bad steak ever served!

NANCY SIMMONS said:
An optimist designs and builds a new aircraft, a pessimist brings the parachute!

Paul Hardy said:
Craig you wisdom is always appreciated!

Craig Lockerd said:
Well Paul you know I am big on what I see as the FACT that we tend to get what we focus on. Pessimist walks into the house in the world and gets a lousy steak, bad service and a mistake on the bill...NOT to his or her favor!
Optimist drives into the mall and gets the only parking spot left....30 feet from the front door.
It's like that one quote we read in our about the two shoe salemen in the Australian outback selling shoes to the aboriginis. First "salesman [pessimist] calls home office "No business here, these people don't wear shoes" Second SALESPERSON calls home office "GREAT opportunity here,none of these people have shoes yet"
I would be more of an Optimist!....Not Polyanna, because we need to focus on the end game, optimism, faith without works....doesn't work!
Not sure if the age question is for me but I'm 30... still a LOT to learn, thats for sure.

Craig Lockerd said:
You're 29, right?

Paul Hardy said:
And that's how I look so good for my age! I try not to get stressed about thing I can't change!

David Johnson said:
I'm an optimist that agrees with what Lane said, "There is no glass or water, there is only what you want to see."

While I look on the bright side of everything I also know that if you want an opportunity you have to either create it or go looking for it. Hard work and a dedication to being the best is what i believe in, it helps though, that along the way, I allow NOTHING to get me down because I know that no matter how bad things are or get that I can either feel sorry for myself or see the bright side in the things that are going around me by turning them into a positive. I much prefer to look at the brighter side, I'm much happier that way... funny how that works.
David, I am going to be 50 in November and the day I stop learning is the day I get out of the business! My grandmother just died recently at 102 years old and she was so inquisitive right up until the day she died, asking the hospice nurse what she was doing and why... She knew she was dying at any moment, and when I asked her why she asked so many questions, she said she just wanted to learn! Gotta love it!

David Johnson said:
Not sure if the age question is for me but I'm 30... still a LOT to learn, thats for sure.

Craig Lockerd said:
You're 29, right?

Paul Hardy said:
And that's how I look so good for my age! I try not to get stressed about thing I can't change!

David Johnson said:
I'm an optimist that agrees with what Lane said, "There is no glass or water, there is only what you want to see."

While I look on the bright side of everything I also know that if you want an opportunity you have to either create it or go looking for it. Hard work and a dedication to being the best is what i believe in, it helps though, that along the way, I allow NOTHING to get me down because I know that no matter how bad things are or get that I can either feel sorry for myself or see the bright side in the things that are going around me by turning them into a positive. I much prefer to look at the brighter side, I'm much happier that way... funny how that works.
No David ,that was for Paul in reply to why he "looks so young for his age"....But David you look 19....LOL

David Johnson said:

Craig Lockerd said:
You're 29, right?

Paul Hardy said:

David Johnson said:

That will come in handy down the road! LOL

Craig Lockerd said:
No David ,that was for Paul in reply to why he "looks so young for his age"....But David you look 19....LOL

David Johnson said:

Craig Lockerd said:
You're 29, right?

Paul Hardy said:

David Johnson said:

RSS

© 2024   Created by DealerELITE.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service