If I was a new dealer opening up a new car dealership today, I would...............

Views: 286

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow Nancy, a question to get one thinking... Strong!~ 

I would be sure to know my direct competitors, study the market to know how to market and advertise, recruit and train the absolute best talent available and sell like a maniac... 

Thanks Bobby...a simple question, but loaded for sure!!!!  We can all sit back and compliment and criticize, but if given the opportunity, what would we REALLY do?

Bobby Compton said:

Wow Nancy, a question to get one thinking... Strong!~ 

I would be sure to know my direct competitors, study the market to know how to market and advertise, recruit and train the absolute best talent available and sell like a maniac... 

Oooh...honest, but not the answer I was looking for...LOL...I guess nerves precede every successful performance!!!

John Skelton said:
...be nervous
Make sure all of my people had Facebook accounts, and I was the Admin.  Market only through the internet, social media and e-mail, outside of normal prospecting efforts, and make sure I had enough inventory for the sales explosion.
Great answer Craig Darling!!! Most still not have embraced the power of the internet...think of it as the necessary evil!

Craig Darling said:
Make sure all of my people had Facebook accounts, and I was the Admin.  Market only through the internet, social media and e-mail, outside of normal prospecting efforts, and make sure I had enough inventory for the sales explosion.

Get my staff on board with all media outlet opportunities, get involved with my surrounding competitors to see what they are doing (mystery shop the lot) have a stellar website ready to kick off and flood the airways. 

 

GRAND OPENING OF THE SCHRADER AUTO MALL! Why...? Because you are number 1 in our eyes! 

 

I would also have the costume of a Pink Piggy running around the lot. Not just a plain pink piggy but one that can break dance, do the jig, cartwheels, maybe some acrobatic elements and much more!! 

 

Did I cover it all? 

Love it...I was a dancing, acrobatic clown at my dealership once during a Presidents weekend event...It was a lot of fun...the kids loved it!!!!

Jennifer Schrader said:

Get my staff on board with all media outlet opportunities, get involved with my surrounding competitors to see what they are doing (mystery shop the lot) have a stellar website ready to kick off and flood the airways. 

 

GRAND OPENING OF THE SCHRADER AUTO MALL! Why...? Because you are number 1 in our eyes! 

 

I would also have the costume of a Pink Piggy running around the lot. Not just a plain pink piggy but one that can break dance, do the jig, cartwheels, maybe some acrobatic elements and much more!! 

 

Did I cover it all? 

Justin Timberlake in the pig costume singing: Bring it on down to Schrader town.

Jennifer Schrader said:

Get my staff on board with all media outlet opportunities, get involved with my surrounding competitors to see what they are doing (mystery shop the lot) have a stellar website ready to kick off and flood the airways. 

 

GRAND OPENING OF THE SCHRADER AUTO MALL! Why...? Because you are number 1 in our eyes! 

 

I would also have the costume of a Pink Piggy running around the lot. Not just a plain pink piggy but one that can break dance, do the jig, cartwheels, maybe some acrobatic elements and much more!! 

 

Did I cover it all? 

Have you run it and work out from there!
Moi?  Oh wrong thread!  Thanks Craig!  I would surround myself with top quality people!  How do I obtain them?  Treat them with dignity and respect and pay according to performance, (after giving them all the tools they require to do the job effectively).

Craig Lockerd said:
Have you run it and work out from there!

Nancy,

 

Tough question.  First, hire top people to head each department.  Bring in trainable sales people and teach them two very important facets of the new dealership.  First, social media is critical as an element of success.  Second, train the sales people to be experts in bringing in their own business.  Realtors, stock brokers, insurance people all have one thing in common.  Their success will never walk through the door.  They go out and get the business.  This is actually more important that product knowledge.  We can always get info on what we sell.  However, without anyone to share it with, we're closed.

You are right...You are the quality of the people with whom you surround yourself.... Give them the tools to succeed and pay on performance...

John Fuhrman said:

Nancy,

 

Tough question.  First, hire top people to head each department.  Bring in trainable sales people and teach them two very important facets of the new dealership.  First, social media is critical as an element of success.  Second, train the sales people to be experts in bringing in their own business.  Realtors, stock brokers, insurance people all have one thing in common.  Their success will never walk through the door.  They go out and get the business.  This is actually more important that product knowledge.  We can always get info on what we sell.  However, without anyone to share it with, we're closed.

RSS

Latest Activity

Damian Boudreaux posted a blog post

Value Your Company

We want you to be profitable and proud of what you do. We want you to have all the success that you…See More
5 hours ago
Black Book posted a blog post

Stable Market Except for Luxury Vehicles

Welcome to this week's edition of Black Book Market Insights, with in-depth analysis of used car…See More
7 hours ago
Cory Mosley posted videos
9 hours ago
Walter McNulty posted a status
"If you are in need of any of our services please contact me today! www.pdsforyou.com"
9 hours ago
John Sternal posted blog posts
10 hours ago
Erik S. Nachbahr posted a blog post

Helion Technologies Becomes a CIS SecureSuite Member

Timonium, MD –­ May 21, 2019 –­ Helion Technologies today announced it has become a CIS…See More
11 hours ago
Simon Hopes posted a blog post

3 Tips to Sell Luxury Cars on the Internet

Luxury cars is a consumer good present on the wish list of much of the population, currently the…See More
16 hours ago
Walter McNulty posted a status
"Booking Staffed Events for June and July set your dates today. Call 443-521-6384"
yesterday
Crystal Hartwell posted a blog post

Rplate, World’s First Digital License Plate and Winner of Best New Product Award, Featured at CONNECTIONS Conference May 21 - 23

Reviver demonstrates its award winning Rplate at Connected Car Corner, by InstallerNet, in San…See More
yesterday
Bill Wittenmyer posted a video

Witt's Wise Words: There Are No Subs In Life

Bill Wittenmyer explains why life isn't a professional sport in which we can make substitutions in this episode of Witt's Wise Words.
yesterday
Profile Icon via Twitter
RT @Automotive_News: Nissan's credit rating hit by negative outlook https://t.co/YUxGEKiPY7 https://t.co/AqBA20iP1w
Twitteryesterday · Reply · Retweet
Walter McNulty posted a status
"If you are looking for a Huge June call today to team up with Preferred Dealer Solutions"
yesterday
Walter McNulty posted videos
yesterday
Profile Icon via Twitter
RT @ChrisBSaraceno: Good #parenting is a cornerstone in #mentorship. This is especially the case towards teaching kids between handling tea…
TwitterSunday · Reply · Retweet
Profile Icon via Twitter
RT @ChrisBSaraceno: Spending an "industrious" Sunday soaking in the sun and some truly valuable life lessons with the #TheoryOf5 at the leg…
TwitterSunday · Reply · Retweet
Profile Icon via Twitter
TwitterSunday · Reply · Retweet
Profile Icon via Twitter
RT @womendrivers: As consumer behavior has an impact on the vehicle models manufacturers are producing today, women consumers also have a h…
TwitterSunday · Reply · Retweet
Profile Icon via Twitter
RT @SGivens02: "As the leader or one of the leaders of your dealership, you know that you are someone who influences the individuals and gr…
TwitterSunday · Reply · Retweet
Profile Icon via Twitter
RT @DaveAnderson100: You don't need others to believe in you, your abilities or your dreams. It's nice, it's not necessary. You know who yo…
TwitterSunday · Reply · Retweet
Dave Anderson's blog post was featured

Be the Coach Your People Deserve

Ken Blanchard called feedback the “breakfast of champions,” and rightfully so, because we all need…See More
Sunday

Get Newsletter

© 2019   Created by DealerELITE.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service